What an incredible time we are in! It is the height of cold and flu season and almost everyone I know is sick or just getting over an illness. During these uncertain times, it is vital to have all the tools that you need to stay healthy, calm, and grounded.
Our bodies are incredible and capable of healing itself. We just need to give it the proper care, rest, and nourishment. My intention is to give you some natural remedies so you can get through this time with more ease.
Here are some basic nutritional recommendations for a healthier you:
– Drink more pure water and hydrating fluids, at least 80-100 oz. a day. Herbal teas are also great.
– Drink 16 oz. of warm water with lemon juice and grated ginger upon waking.
– Drink 16 oz. of organic celery juice every morning on an empty stomach.
– Drink a fruit + greens smoothie for breakfast or eat warm oatmeal.
– Eat more fruits, vegetables and leafy greens throughout the day, raw is best.
– Eat more whole foods, avoid processed and refined foods.
– Eat more garlic, onions, ginger and turmeric.
– Enjoy more home cooked meals and minimize eating out.
– Reduce or eliminate Eggs, Dairy, Gluten, Fast Food, Canola Oil, Fried Foods and Refined Sugars.
– Avoid alcohol, smoking, and too much caffeine (try macha green tea or Chaga instead).
Here are some self-care & lifestyle recommendations for a happier you:
– Get proper sleep, go to bed early and aim for 7-9 hours a night.
– Exercise and move your body everyday. Walking and yoga count as exercise!
– Reduce your stress level, find more time for rest and relaxation.
– Enjoy time with family and friends. Spend more time with people you care about.
– Focus on self-care and gratitude.
– Meditate and/or pray daily.
– Keep social media and “bad” news to a minimum.
– Focus your attention on the positive things in life.
– Have more work-life balance. Set healthy boundaries and keep them.
– Be in nature and the outdoors. Soak in all the benefits of the sun.
These are all FREE, and can bring you the most health benefits. I hope you can carve out some time for yourself to allow your body can heal, rejuvenate and thrive!