I am so excited to share this recipe for those who love granola, but have certain dietary sensitivities. This one is so scrumptious and made of only a handful of clean ingredients.
It can be eaten as part of a hearty breakfast with some plant based yogurt or milk, or as a snack. My kids love this granola, and it is comforting to know that they are eating such a healthy breakfast.
4 cups GF rolled oats
Pinch of sea salt or pink salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup raw slivered almonds
2 Tsp. Chia or hemp seeds
2 ripe bananas
6 pitted medjool dates
1/2 cup water
1 tsp. pure vanillaessence (alcohol free)
– Preheat the oven to 275 F
– Put the bananas, dates, water, and vanilla in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
– In a large mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
– Then add the wet ingredients and mix well. If it seems too wet, add a little more oats.
– Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
– Spread the granola evenly in a single layer onto the baking sheet.
– Bake for 60-70 mins until lightly golden brown. At around 45 mins, take the tray out and break the granola in bite size pieces. Then put back into the oven. This will help them to crisp up more.
– When done baking, take out of the oven and let cool for one hour. Store in an airtight container.
For more healthy delicious recipes and wellness tips, check out the other blog posts on this website. Enjoy!