I made this heart warming comforting stew tonight and it was a hit! Everyone loved it, even the kids cleaned their bowls. Autumn is in the air and this kind of comfort food is my go to. I feel the warm and fuzzies inside after tonight’s meal.
Enjoy, here’s the recipe!
* 1/2 onion, diced
* 3 cloves garlic minced
* 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
* 1 cup carrots, peeled and cut into small chunks
* 1 cup cauliflower, cut into chunks
* 1 cup zucchini or green beans, cut small
* 1 cup frozen or fresh green peas
* 1/2 tsp. Himalayan salt, more to taste
* Crushed black pepper to taste
* 1/4 tsp. Cumin powder
* 1/4 tsp. Coriander powder
* 1/4 tsp. Paprika
* 1/4 tsp. Garlic powder
* 1 Tsp. Raw honey
* 1 Jar tomato sauce, i like Jovial crushed tomatoes.
* 1 Cup french or green lentils
* 1 box gluten free fusilli, I like Jovial Pasta or cooked brown rice or quinoa.
* Cook lentils per packaged instructions in a saucepan until slightly tender.
* Cook rice, quinoa, or pasta per packaged instruction.
* In a large skillet or pot, sauté onions and garlic with a little bit of water for a few minutes.
* Add carrots and butternut squash and cook for another few minutes.
* Add the rest of the vegetables and cook for five minutes.
* Add tomato sauce, cooked lentils, all the spices, salt, pepper, and honey. Cover skillet with a lid and cook on medium low for about 20 mins until everything is tender but not too soft.
* Enjoy with rice, quinoa or pasta!