These fluffy pancakes were perfect for breakfast this morning. They are healthy, refined sugar free, gluten free, and vegan! The kids love this one so I make them at least once a week. The blueberries pop and melt in your mouth, yum!
Here’s the recipe, enjoy!
2 cups oat flour
1 tsp. Baking soda
Pinch of Himalayan salt
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Vanilla extract (optional)
5 dates (pitted)
1 apple, cored and cut into chunks
1 ripe banana
1 cup fresh blueberries (frozen wild blueberries are great too).
1 1/2 cups almond milk or non-dairy milk of choice
* Put flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl, mix well.
* In a blender, blend the almond milk, apple, banana, and dates until smooth.
* Add the flour mixture into the blender and blend until smooth. Another option is to mix manually in a large mixing bowl.
* Pre-heat a non-stick pan on low-medium heat. If the pan is non-stick, you won’t need any oil. We have a stone earth pan from Orezi that I love!
* Scoop about 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake, flatten them out a bit with a spoon and make a nice round pancake.
* Flip over after about 3-5 minutes, then cook for another 2-3 minutes.
* Enjoy with honey or maple syrup, fruits of all kinds, and almond butter.