I woke up this morning and feeling motivated to make some banana bread. Luckily we have all the ingredients to whip up this fluffy yummy Vegan and Gluten Free Banana Bread. This is a great breakfast or snack that the whole family will love. Enjoy!
Here’s the recipe:
3 ripe bananas
2 1/2 cups oat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup almond or sun butter
1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup
2 tbsp Ground flax seeds + 6 tbsp Water (makes a flax egg)
2 tsp Baking Powder (optional)
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
– Preheat the oven to 375F
– Make the flax egg by combining the flax and water, let sit for 5-10mins to thicken
– In a medium bowl, mix all dry ingredients well, set aside
– In another bowl, mash the bananas. Add all wet ingredients and mix well.
– Combine the wet ingredients into the dry bowl. Stir well and let sit for a few minutes.
– Put some parchment paper into a 8 in. Bread pan.
– Pour batter into pan and bake for 60mins or until a fork comes out clean.
– Enjoy with some fresh fruit for a breakfast or snack!