This delicious curry is one of our favorites for dinner. It is filled with plant goodness, and Japanese Yams make it even more sweet and amazing. I admit that cooking plant based meals pushes me to be more creative, and it takes more planning and prepping, but I love it. And to have all these fresh organic ingredients available to us even during this quarantine, I just feel so privileged and grateful.
Here’s the recipe, enjoy!
1/2 yellow or white onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 inch ginger root, chopped
1 large Japanese yam or any sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1/2 head of cauliflower, cubed
2-3 carrots, cut small
1 red bell pepper, cut small
2 cups baby bok choi
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped for garnish
1/2 tsp. Himalayan Salt
Black pepper to taste
2-3 Tspn. Coconut aminos
1/2 tsp. Curry powder
1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes
1 can organic coconut milk
Some water to add if needed
- Prep all veggies and set aside
- If using an Instapot, you can add all ingredients and set it for pressure cook for 5-6 minutes.
- If cooking on the stove top, preheat a deep skillet on medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, ginger, and a little bit of water. Add curry powder and cayenne/red pepper flakes. Let simmer for 5 mins.
- Add carrots, yams, cauliflower, and cook for 5 mins. Add water if needed.
- Add bell peppers and lastly add boo choi.
- Add the salt, pepper, coconut aminos, and coconut milk. Let simmer for another 5-7 mins.
- Add cilantro to garnish.
- Serve with brown rice or quinoa, enjoy!