I made these fluffy and delicious pancakes yesterday for the family and they were a hit! The kids loved them with honey and different kinds of fruit. They are totally gluten free, vegan and made from a handful of healthy ingredients. I hope you will like them too!
Here’s the recipe:
3/4 cup oat flour
3/4 cup quinoa flour
1 Tspn. Ground flax seeds
1 tsp. Baking soda
Pinch of Himalayan salt
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Vanilla extract (optional)
5 dates (pitted)
1 apple, cored and cut into chunks
1 cup almond milk or non-dairy milk of choice
1 ripe banana (mashed)
- Put flours, flax seeds, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl, mix well.
- Mash a ripe banana and add into the bowl.
- In a blender, blend the almond milk, apple and dates until smooth.
- Pour the liquid into the mixing bowl, mix well until smooth.
- Pre-heat a non-stick pan on low-medium heat. If the pan is non-stick, you won’t need any oil. We have a stone earth pan from Orezi that I love!
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake, flatten them out a bit with a spoon and make a nice round pancake.
- Flip over after about 3-5 minutes, then cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Enjoy with honey or maple syrup, fruits of all kinds, and almond butter.