I’ve been craving burgers and haven’t been able to find a good vegan one at the health food store. Finally, I found a way to make them at home and they taste amazing. These burgers can be eaten in a gluten free bun, in a tortilla wrap, or on top of a salad. I get my “buns” aka sandwich rolls from Srsly Bread from San Francisco. They are healthy and hearty, and oh so satisfying.
1 1/2 cups carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
1 1/2 cups red potatoes or sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1 can of garbanzo beans, drained
3/4 cup of quinoa flour, or buckwheat or oat flour
2 Tspn. Ground flax seeds
1/2 tsp. Himalayan salt
1/8 tsp. Black pepper
1/4 tsp. Paprika
1/4 tsp. Cumin
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Lettuce, tomatoes, sprouts, cucumbers, avocados, organic ketchup.
• Preheat oven to 425F
• Use a steamer pot to steam the carrots and potatoes until soft. Drain and mash until smooth, set aside.
• Mash the garbanzo beans using a fork or process quickly in a food processor.
• Combine all other ingredients in a large bowl
• Mix the potatoes, carrots, and beans into the bowl and combine well.
• Form 2-3 inch thin patties and place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper on top.
• Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden and slightly crispy.
• Enjoy as a burger, in a wrap or on top of a salad. Top with all the fixings you like, enjoy!