These waffles are a staple in our family, we eat them for breakfast and as a mid-morning or afternoon snack. They are lightly sweet and savory at the same time, so you can have them either way. For a savory version, try topping them with avocado and tomato or cucumbers. For a sweet version, try spreading almond butter and topping them off with sliced bananas and raw honey. They are healthy and are gluten, refined sugar, dairy and egg free.
1 1/2 cups quinoa flour
1 1/2 cups gluten free oat flour
1 tsp. Baking soda
1/2 tsp. Himalayan or sea salt
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
2-3 cups grated sweet potatoes or yams
3 cups water
• Mix all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl
• Add water and stir well until a batter forms
• Let batter sit for about 5-10 mins to let everything set in
• Make waffles per your waffle maker’s instructions
• These waffles are best when toasted lightly. They can be stored in the fridge for a few days or in the freezer for up to a couple months. Enjoy!