In the midst our busy lives, how do we find inner balance and harmony? With all that’s happening in the world right now, it’s easy to get caught up in the external chaos and allowing it to affect us deeply. Then combine that with our own pain, traumas and inner critic, this can make for a hard life here on earth. So how do we find more peace, freedom, and joy?
I’ve learned that having rituals and a spiritual practice can truly help us ground ourselves, and open the door to heightened awareness and self-love.
Here are some wonderful rituals for you to try:
- Gaze at the stars at night for 2-4 minutes – look deeply behind the stars and connect with your highest self and greatest source of love. This is so healing and can recharge your soul.
- Look up at the early morning sun (before 9am for 2-4 minutes) – close your eyes, breath deeply and feel the sun shining on your face. Invite this beautiful vibrant light to come into your body and recharging your whole being.
- Stand barefoot on grass or the earth – imagine yourself growing roots and connecting with the earth’s energy. Breath deeply and feel yourself grounding with the earth, knowing that you are safe and supported. When you leave this spot, imagine the roots staying where they are and you become free of the roots. You can come back to this place anytime you need to ground yourself.
- Listen to bird songs – when you see birds, stop and take a listen, their sounds are so healing for your heart, spirit and soul.
- Walk in nature – find a couple places that you love to walk or hike in, and make it a weekly ritual to walk there, alone or with a good friend. This can quickly lift your energy and spirits.
- Breath deeply & meditate daily – make space in your day for this practice, even if it’s 10 minutes in the morning or at night. It can have profound effects on your health & wellness. If you don’t have a practice yet, I recommend the apps called “Insight Timer” or “Calm” that you can have right on your phone. Another options is to find a local or online resource that will help you to create a mindfulness practice.
Here are some healing and grounding foods to help you along the way, try to incorporate more of these organic foods into your diet:
- apples & pears
- wild blueberries
- sweet potatoes or yams
- butternut squash or other winter squash
- rosemary, thyme, sage, & oregano
- ginger & turmeric
- lemon balm tea
- rose hips tea
- nettle leaf tea
- dandelion tea
May you find more peace and harmony within yourself and may you share your gifts with all those around you. Thank you for being you!