This the perfect time to enjoy this beautiful delicious butternut squash soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
- 5-6 cups water, just enough to cover the vegetables in the pot
- 4 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- Optional: 1-2 cups of other vegetables like zucchini, cauliflower, daikon radish, celery root
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh green onion, cilantro, or parsley, chopped
Optional Herbs and Spices:
Oregano Himalayan salt Sage Pepper
Thyme Dill Cumin Marjoram
Coriander Cayenne Rosemary Savory
- Start with hard vegetables like carrots, butternut squash, potatoes, celery root
- Add to pot and cover with just enough water, slowly simmer and add herbs, spices, himalayan salt, pepper. Add other soft roots and vegetables
- Cover and low heat simmer for about 20-30 min, if using pressure cooker it will only take 8-10 min!
- Use a hand blender to blend in pot, or pour soup into vitamix and blend until smooth. Enjoy!