You may be thinking that New Year is long gone, and yet you are far from reaching your health and wellness goals. If you are feeling sluggish and out of shape, you are not alone. It’s that time when many of us could use a Spring cleanse to give our body and mind a boost in energy and vitality. This is the perfect season to nourish and heal your body. I’m here to support you, here are my thoughts and tips on Spring Cleansing!
Why is it important to cleanse the body?
Many people think that if they eat a fairly good diet, without fast food, junk food, drugs, alcohol, and sodas, that they are in pretty good shape when it comes to toxins. However, toxins come from many places that we don’t often think about – pesticides, processed foods, chemicals in food, pharmaceutical drugs, toothpaste, dish soap, laundry detergent, shampoo, cosmetics, car exhaust, worldwide pollution and much more. In short, the world is full of toxins and so are we!
As we age, we are more exposed to food and environmental toxins, which takes a huge toll on our physical, mental and emotional health. These toxins accumulate in our fat tissues and important organs like our liver, kidneys, gallbladder, large and small intestines, brain and thyroid. Our bodies can only handle so much toxic input at a time, and when overloaded, we experience symptoms like headaches, irritability, PMS, belly fat, digestive issues, skin breakouts, fatigue, brain fog, and other more serious illnesses.
The good news is, people are becoming more aware of this wide spread health epidemic and are taking massive action to reverse and prevent diseases. You can take control of your health and reduce your toxic load by changing your diet, home environment, water source and air quality. Now more than ever, there numerous resources and support systems to help you get healthier and live a more vibrant life!
Ten Benefits of Cleansing
- Boosting energy and mental clarity
- Ridding the body of excess waste
- Better sleep
- Helping with weight loss
- Strengthening immune system
- Improving skin condition and appearance
- Better breath
- Healthier hair, skin, nails
- Feeling younger and lighter
- Improving overall sense of well-being
How to Cleanse in a Healthy Way?
- Start by bringing awareness to your everyday life, gradually eliminating toxins from your body and your environment. Being healthy is about eating clean as well as living clean! Transition to organic foods and natural home & body care products to reduce your toxic load.
- Create your own cleansing plan or adopt one that aligns with your dietary beliefs and commitment level. The key is to clean up your gut (where 70% of your immune system lives) and important organs like your liver, kidneys, gallbladder and pancreas.
- Choose a plan that encourages eating plant based, whole foods and high quality supplements. Eliminate process foods, animal protein, bad sugars, refined oils, gluten, dairy, soy, corn, etc. The key is to bring in as much fresh fruits, leafy greens, and vegetables as possible, about 70-80% of your daily intake. Drinking fresh juices and smoothies daily is very cleansing.
- Be patient and kind with yourself, it’s ok to make mistakes, the key is to get back on track. Have fun, and try to stay balanced. Get a health and fitness buddy to cleanse together or just for support and motivation.
- If you need support from an expert, get a Health & Nutrition Coach to help you create a well balanced plan.
Have a wonderful Spring, and don’t forget to get out there and see, touch, and smell the flowers!