- 1 cup red lentils
- 3-4 cups water
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup fresh tomato, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp. coriander powder
- ¼ tsp. cumin powder
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
- 1 pinch cardamom (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. avocado or coconut oil
In a large pot, add the oil, onion and garlic, sauté for 1 minute. Then add the butternut squash and sauté for another few minutes.
Add in lentils, water and all spices, bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes with lid on.
Enjoy with some quinoa or brown rice!