- 1 pound of green beans, stemmed and trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- ½ of an onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- Parboil beans in boiling water until they are bright green, about 2-3 minutes. Drain and plunge into ice water to stop cooking.
- Heat coconut oil over medium high heat in a sauté pan.
- Saute peppers and onion until they begin to soften, about one minute.
- Add beans and cook another minute.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant – about 30 seconds.
- Season with pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.