Skip to content
Chewy Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup almond butter or sunflower seed butter
- 2 Tsp raw honey
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 Tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin spice
- ¼ teaspoon himalayan salt
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together the flaxseed meal and water, and set aside.
- Stir together almond or sunflower seed butter, honey, banana and vanilla in a large bowl. Add flax egg and mix to combine.
- Add in oats, chia seeds, baking soda, cinnamon and salt to the bowl and stir together. Fold in walnuts and raisins.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheet, this should make about 12 cookies.
- Bake cookies on center rack for 15 – 18 minutes until edges are golden brown. Remove and let cool on the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Enjoy!