- 1 small handful cauliflower florets, chopped into small pieces
- ½ bunch kale, de-stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- Small handful cilantro, washed and finely chopped
- 1 TB sunflower seeds
- 1 boneless, skinless organic chicken breast (optional)
- ½ avocado, peel and seed removed
- ⅓ C raw apple cider vinegar
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ½ TB fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Bring a medium-size pot of water to a boil, and add chicken breast. Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until chicken breast is cooked through and a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. Drain, let cool, then shred into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 400 degrees. Place cauliflower and carrot on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 TB olive oil.
- Place cooled chicken, cauliflower, kale, carrot, cilantro and sunflower seeds into a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Place dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine, then serve immediately.
Note: Make this dish vegetarian by skipping the chicken and replacing it with 1 C cooked chickpeas, kidney beans, or white beans.