A very common complaint that 99% of my family, friends, colleagues, clients have is Fatigue and Chronic Low Energy. Can you relate?
Why is it that in this day and age, with state of the art medical interventions and technological advances, that we have such a lack of energy? We just have so much going on and too many demands on our bodies and minds. As Tony Robbins would describe it, we are living a totally “boxed lifestyle”, and we are losing our energy and spark for life. What if you could regain your energy and vitality? It may sound so out of this world, but it’s totally possible and may be easier than you think!
The way we think highly dictates the way we feel, physically and emotionally. Try this: slouch in your chair and imagine that you are overwhelmed, stressed, tired, and that everything sucks in your life. Notice how you feel inside. Then sit up or stand up straight, shoulders down and open your chest, breath deeply. Focus on what you are grateful for in your life and imagine that you have everything you need to be happy. Just this simple shift in your thoughts and physique can make a significant difference in your state and the way you feel!
These are things that will Zap Your Energy and make you age faster! They can also cause more pain, inflammation, mood issues, and a host of other illnesses:
- Too much Television, especially shows with negative and dramatic content
- Too much screen time – phones, tablets, computers
- Over sitting, lack of movement & exercise
- Insomnia or irregular sleep
- Chronic dehydration – not drinking enough pure clean water
- Poor Diet – a diet consisting of processed sugars, carbohydrates, bad fats, and anything that is stripped of nutrients.
- Too much unnecessary stress
- Not enough fun and/or social activities with the people you care about
- Not enough time for self-care and to slow down
- Staying indoors too much
- Too much caffeine, drugs and alcohol
Here’s how you can regain your Energy and Zest for Life!
- Limit your TV time and choose shows that are educational or uplifting. Read books or listen to spiritual or inspirational videos and/or podcasts.
- Make an effort to get up and move during work hours, take a stretch break and get away from the desk every hour. Go outside for walks during breaks and lunch time.
- Do some form of exercise everyday, even walking helps. Do what moves you and makes you feel healthy and energized.
- Try your best to get 7-9 hours of sleep and go to bed early, by 10-11pm and wake early. Drink a relaxing tea like chamomile or lavender a couple hours before bed to help you wind down.
- Create a morning and evening ritual that keeps you centered and aligned with your highest self. Pray, meditate, breath.
- Eat a well balanced diet, mostly rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, good fats, and organic lean protein. Eat slowly and enjoy your food.
- Stay hydrated during the day, drink 100 oz. of pure clean water.
- Schedule time to spend with your friends and family, have fun!
- Prioritize time for self care and just to slow down.
- Get outside and enjoy nature and sunshine as much as possible.
- Reduce or eliminate caffeine, drugs and alcohol. Find healthy alternatives like green tea, organic and/or decaf coffee, organic beer and wines. Believe me, this makes a huge difference!
- When you are feeling tired and down, pick yourself up! Stand straight, move around, dance, sing, laugh, and say some positive affirmations. This can shift you into a more productive state immediately!
- Receive healing bodywork like Zoning, Lymphatic Therapy and Acupuncture.
I hope you will try some of these simple, free and effective techniques to help boost your energy and love for life!