- Higher immunity & fewer illnesses – colds/flus, virus & bacterial infections, autoimmune problems, headaches, hormone imbalances, etc.
- Improved digestion and elimination of waste, leading to less toxins circulating in the body and allowing it to heal itself.
- Better absorption of nutrients from food which enhances bodily functions
- Weight balance – weight loss or weight gain according to your body’s need
- More energy, enhanced mood, improved mental & emotional health, better clarity & focus.
What harms your gut flora?
- Antibiotics – these kill the good and the bad bacteria and lower our body’s defense against infections and illnesses.
- Prescription & over the counter drugs – can burden the intestines, liver and kidneys.
- Bad diet (acidic, mucus forming, inflammatory) – dairy, gluten, too much animal protein, processed foods, fast food, refined flours, refined sugars, artificial sweeteners, and chemicals/preservatives/additives.
- Negative emotions – stress, guilt, anger, worry and fear.
- Heavy metal toxicity – mercury, aluminum, lead, silver, etc.
- Chlorinated water, pesticides and fertilizers.
- Improper food combining – eating too many different foods at once
- Overeating and eating too fast
- Eat alkaline and anti-inflammatory foods – berries, leafy greens, vegetables, algae and seaweed. Other beneficial foods onions, garlic, kale, cabbage, dandelion, mustard greens and root vegetables all help to balance the flora.
- Take a pro-biotic, digestive enzyme, and eat fermented herbs & vegetables (sauerkraut, kim chi, etc.). These foods will enhance energy levels, improve digestion, liver & kidney function, vitamin synthesis, nutrient absorption and manufacturing of B vitamins. They also help relieve bloating, heartburn, acid reflux, constipation, diarrhea, allergies, headaches, pain and much more. Recommended probiotic: garden of life ultimate flora 100 billion
- Mindfulness activities like prayer, yoga, meditation, self-care and positive thoughts help to relax the body and mind and heal the gut.
- Epsom salt baths with baking soda helps the body to become more alkaline and this has positive effects on the gut. Recipe: 2 cups Epsom salt & ½ cup baking soda, 5-6 drops lavender essential oils, relax and soak for 15-20 minutes, enjoy!
- Drink plenty of clean alkaline water – half of your body weight in ounces per day will help to nourish the body organs, flushes out toxins, and restore a healthy inner terrain.
- Get sunshine as much as possible – bare skin, no sunscreen, at least ½ – 1 hour per day. This is crucial to balance hormones and improve overall health.
- Get Lymphatic Massages to help drain the lymph system, clean out the digestive system, and heal your gut.
Some of you may know, I offer an effective healing therapy to improve lymphatic function and detoxify the body called Lucero Lymphatic Therapy (LLT), which involves a combination of deep lymphatic cleansing and energy bodywork.
For June, I am offering this service for 35% the regular price. Here’s the deal:
I found Dana on Yelp in search of someone who could provide a lymphatic drainage massage. My face was swollen and in severe pain due to a tooth infection. I didn’t want a root canal after learning of their harmful and potentially dangerous side effects, so I was determined to take care of the problem naturally. Dana was able to provide both comfort and relief with her lymphatic drainage massage and a few other natural treatment methods, enabling my body to run its course and fight the infection. She also suggested some natural supplements that also helped resolve the problem. Thanks to her abilities and her intuition, Dana provided the unique care that I specifically needed, and I have no doubt that she can do the same for anybody else.”