1 cup quinoa, soaked for 4-8 hours, rinse & drain
1 1/2 cups water
Pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
- Bring 1 ½ cups water to a boil in a medium pot
- Add quinoa & salt, cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes until water is evaporated and quinoa is soft and fluffy.
¼ – ½ cup water to cook veggies with
1 Cup carrots, chopped
1 Cup zucchini or broccoli, chopped
1 Cup cauliflower, chopped
½ Cup frozen green peas
½ Cup onions, chopped
Optional: add more veggies you like that are in season
1-2 Tsp. Coconut Aminos
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. dried mixed herbs like oregano, basil, thyme, and parsley
Pink Himalayan sea salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup chopped parsley, cilantro, or green onion (garnishing, for the end)
1 tsp. olive or coconut oil (optional to put in at the very end for good fats and flavor)
- In the mean time, heat a large sauté pan.
- Add ¼ cup water and carrots, sauté for 1 minute.
- Add all other vegetables, seasonings and spices (except for garnishing herbs),
- Sauté for another few minutes until veggies are slightly soft but not overcooked
- Add more water if needed.
- Add cooked quinoa & coconut oil, and stir for another couple minutes.
- Turn heat off and add freshly chopped parsley, cilantro or green onions (garnish)
- Serve warm with a healthy salad. Enjoy!