Basic Buckwheat & Millet
1 cup raw buckwheat or millet – soaked for 4 hours or overnight
2 cups water for buckwheat or 3 cups water for millet
Pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
- Bring water to a boil in a medium pot.
- Add buckwheat or millet and pinch of sea salt.
- Turn heat to low, cover and let simmer 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
* More water may be added to make the millet a softer.
Topping options: enjoy with berry jam sauce, fresh fruit & berries, dried raisins or goji berries, sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
Berry Jam Sauce
½ – 1/3 cup dried figs, apricots or dates – soaked for >2 hours or overnight
2 cups fresh or frozen mixed berries
1 Tsp. chia seeds
½ tsp. vanilla powder or extract (optional)
½ tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Let sit in for 10-15 minutes until the chia seeds thickens up the jam sauce.
- Enjoy over millet or buckwheat porridge or as a sweet jam spread!