4-5 cups water, just enough to cover the vegetables in the pot
3-4 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
**Alternative version is to use butternut squash for a yummy variation
3 cups carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
1 ½ cup daikon radish, peeled and cut into small cubes
½ an onion, chopped
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped (for garnish)
½ tsp. ginger powder
¼ tsp. cumin
1/8 tsp. coriander
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. garlic powder
Pink Himalayan sea salt and black pepper to taste
Pinch cayenne pepper
1 avocado cut small (optional)
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot (can also use a pressure cooker)
- Add hard vegetables (sweet potatoes & carrots) to pot.
- Add all other vegetables, herbs, spices, sea salt and pepper.
- Turn heat to low, cover and simmer for about 20-30 mins
- Add fresh herbs for garnish – cilantro or parsley
- *Note: if using pressure cooker it will only take 8-10 min!
- Use a hand blender to blend in pot, or pour soup into high speed blender and blend until smooth
- Enjoy with avocado on top for a smooth & comforting meal.