- 5 lbs of shredded cabbage, about 2 large head of lettuce (Use the food processor to shred the cabbage and the other optional veggies)
- 3 Tspn of sea salt
Optional: I also added 3 carrots shredded, 1 sweet pepper, and some dried seeds like caraway, anise seed, or dried herbs like parsley, basil, etc.
- You’d need to get a 2L glass or ceramic jar with a clamp lid.
- Add the salt to the cabbage mixture, use your hands to really squeeze and massage the mixture for like 5-7 minutes until the water comes out.
- Put the whole mixture into the jar and really push it down with your fist to get all the air out.
- Leave about 2 inches, don’t fill it up to the top. Keep it in a dark cool place for about 2-3 weeks, then enjoy!