Prep Time: 15 Minutes. Cook Time: 15 Minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Basic Quinoa Ingredients
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup quinoa, soaked for 4-8 hours, rinse & drain
¼ – ½ cup water to cook veggies with
1 Cup carrots, chopped
1 Cup zucchini or broccoli, chopped
½ Cup bell peppers, chopped
½ Cup frozen green peas
½ Cup onions, chopped
Add more veggies as optional & use vegetables that you like that are in season
Seasonings & spices
1-2 Tspns Coconut Aminos or Gluten Free Tamari
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tspn dried mixed herbs like oregano, basil, thyme, and parsley
½ tspn salt
¼ tspn black pepper
¼ Cup chopped parsley, cilantro, or green onion (put in at the very end)
1 tspn olive or coconut oil (optional to put in at the very end for good fats and flavor)
• Cooking basic quinoa – on high heat, put 1 ½ cups water & quinoa in a deep sauté pan, bring to a light boil and simmer for about 10 minutes until water is evaporated and quinoa is cooked.
• In the mean time, put ¼ cup water and all vegetables, herbs and spices (except for parsley) into a pan to saute
• Saute for about 5 minutes or until veggies are slightly soft but not overcooked
• Add cooked quinoa & olive or coconut oil, and then stir for another couple minutes.
• Turn heat off and add freshly chopped parsley
• Serve warm with a healthy salad. Enjoy!
May you have the most meaningful year ever!