By now, many of you know that my path to true health and happiness is attributed to adopting a wholesome diet and lifestyle. However, there’s something else that I’d like to share with you today… Although nourishing food and exercise are critical for a balanced life, they can only take us half way.
On this journey of self-healing, there’s something else I’ve discovered that is The Key Ingredient to finding Truth, Balance, and Happiness. It is Self-Love and Acceptance.
It’s amazing how simple this concept is; yet it is the hardest thing to live by. In school, we are taught everything from Science, Math, Physics, Sports, Music, Writing, to Poetry. Rarely if ever do we get to take a course in “self-love.” It is a concept that has been around since the dawn of time, and it is one of the most profound teachings in religion and spirituality. When we deeply love ourselves, we are able to be the best version of ourselves, and have peace and joy. When we love ourselves, we can fully love our family, friends, community, and the world. It all starts with Self-Love.
How many of us truly Love ourselves? There are many reasons why we don’t always love and respect ourselves; they are usually related to mental and emotional disturbances from our childhood and throughout life. However, let’s not focus on all the reasons why it’s hard for us to love ourselves. Instead, let’s shift into a new way of being starting today…
Today, I challenge YOU to Love Yourself!
Here are some tips to help you cultivate more Self Love. It involves Acceptance, Gratitude, and Self-Care, everyday.
· Consciously make Self-Care a priority.
· Start a gratefulness journal. When you wake up in the morning, write down 5 things you’re grateful for, and revisit this list before you go to bed.
· Say positive affirmations to yourself. Write them on post-it notes and post them everywhere on your mirrors, computer screens, car dashboard, etc. “I am strong, I am beautiful, I am healthy, I am good, I am love…”
· Take a nice Epson salt bath 1-2 times a week. This will help to detoxify and sooth achy muscles. (I’ve included the recipe below)
· Take 10-15 minute walks twice a day, this helps to relax the mind and body.
· Get sunshine at least ½ hr – 1 hr everyday and enjoy the nourishment. This will increase immunity and uplift your spirits!
· Exercise 2-5x/week. It could be anything from walking, jogging, swimming, strength training, yoga, and playing outdoors with your kids.
· Practice deep breathing and meditation. This will improve circulation and help you to be more happy and grounded.
· When a negative thought arises, simple be aware of it, accept it and let it go. Then cultivate loving thoughts.
· Surround yourself with loving positive people who help your grow.
We are all on this amazing journey together. I invite You to Love Yourself more than Ever!